Danish Christmas Hearts
Want to make these yourself?
- Print this basic heart pdf template or this template for the designs above onto two contrasting coloured sheets of A4 paper.
- Cut along the black line to create 3 rectangular strips from each piece of paper
- Fold along the dashed line
- Then cut out along the lines to create a shape, consisting of a square with a semi circle at the end.
- Cut along each black line to the line that runs along the top.
- Unfold each shape, and refold so that the inside is now the outside so the printed lines will be hidden on the inside
- Weave the strip from one side, between and then over the strips on the other side
- Thread each strip in turn
- Make sure the strips go through and over, not under and on top
- As you get nearer the end, it gets trickier to thread the paper
- The finished article, the final step is to attach a handle made of paper or string
- The heart can be opened out and filled with sweets if desired or just hung on the tree
You can also download these instructions as a pdf document.